Saturday, December 20, 2008

Web server on Atmega !!



After a long period of dormancy I make a re-entry into the AVR world with the tiny webserver. Thanks to tuxgraphics, Palash and obviously the one seeking it the most "The Lord" :P.
Weird and unusual as always was the way in which it worked. First of all I needed the RJ-45 connector (to connect to the lan) but I couldn't find it so I managed to take out one from an old LAN card along with the transformer. Then some hack into people's code and TCP stacks. After 4-5 days of effort , the yellow and green light on my board began to blink at ip 172.26.6.248 ( in TMRS lab) indicating that the link is up. At 4 a.m. Palash and me ran the webserver successfully on Atmega32 which takes a message from the user and displays it on my terminal along with sender's ip. If the message happens to be my signature it displays "Hey!!You appear to be my Friend".

Visit the server @ http://172.28.6.248 (set no proxy)
For more pics click here
By the way we were supposed to be making a project proposal as usual for Vyas Sir and Shantanu has already fallen asleep and I too have a long day ahead workig for Techkriti.

Further reading http://kshdeo.blogspot.com/2009/02/atmega-webserver-part-ii.html

15 comments:

volume said...

Sahi bana hai... :)
both the blog and the AVR-server are really great.
put more of your projects here, with a little more details. :)

vinit

Anonymous said...

sahi bana hai.... :)

both blog and the AVR-server are really great.

put more of your projects here with more detail.

vinit

Unknown said...

hello kshitij

i also want to make this project so could you please sent me the hardware used and the description of the project.

regards
vaibhav vaibhav2688@gmail.com

Unknown said...

hello kshitij
i too want to make this project , could you please sent me the hardware and the details of the project

regards
vaibhav vaibhav2688@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hello,

We are a leading electronics magazine from India and want to have a feature on your Web server. Could you please contact us at emag@mailin8r.com

Thanks,

Shreya

Anonymous said...

Nice project, but very simple.
You can view my project dedicated the same theme at my page http://alyer.frihost.net
It is embedded web server on Atmega32 and ENC28j60 with almost full TCP/IP.

Unknown said...

Nice project, but very simple.
You can view my project dedicated the same theme at my page http://alyer.frihost.net
It is embedded web server on Atmega32 and ENC28j60 with almost full TCP/IP.

Anonymous said...

hello kshitij
i too want to make this project , could you please sent me the hardware and the details of the project

regards
gaurang
gaurang_rules@yahoo.co.in

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such articles. I love to read stories like this. BTW add more pics :)
PatrickJoy

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm here online for the kids of Haiti.

I'm here for a non-profit haiti group that is dedicated to
building an oppurunity for the kids in haiti. If anybody wants to give money then this is the site:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They provide kids in Haiti books and teach them.

Yes, they're legit.

Anything would be appreciated

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I truly am grateful what you're doing here!

Anonymous said...

I admire your website , it?s filled of lot of information. You just got a perennial visitor of this blog.

Unknown said...

hi..i am doing web server using atmega...ping to avr ip is working fine but i m unable to access the wepage...pc s connected to wifi...i have connected crossover cable b/n my pc and avr board(intranet)...my pc has ip 192.168.1.3 abd i hv set avr ip to 192.168.1.4...ping to 192.168.1.4 works fine...but when i hit 192.168.1.4 on browser webpage s not coming...pls help me ASAP...its urgent

kdeo said...

@shrinivas :
Accessing from webserver requires opening port 80 on the server (Atmega i.e.). Hope you are doing that.
Good luck